EGMUN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference!

+3
Scherwin
Caroline Brüel
Kuno
7 posters

Go down

Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference! Empty Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference!

Post  Kuno Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Mr. President would just like to thank all the delegates of the Security Council for a great conference! Very Happy
I sure had fun charing; trying to keep the debat on the track and inside the rules of conduct. And did i ever forget anything in the procedure, i could be sure that Indonesia was there to remind me! Thank you for the points of order Indonesia, the chair did stand corrected... Not at least when it came to the importance of reminding France to refrain from speaking in her native tongue... thank you.. Exclamation

Now, i hope that you all left the conference as China described it in his speach at the closing ceremony, btw the best speach i ever heard from china this whole conference (another time china, please entertain us with your speaking skills Before the closing ceremony Wink ) "that we now all leave with some good memorys but that we also leave some good friends". Thank you for the point china, it is well taken by the chair. or president. or whatever Cool

On behalf of Mr. President king and Madam President queen Thank you all. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! cheers

Kuno Kitani - Mr. president of SC
Kuno
Kuno

Back to top Go down

Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference! Empty aha yo there from la petit danone croissant fromage frais

Post  Caroline Brüel Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Yo yo there, frogs and snails in da house!

Hey Kuno and Council! YES it was good to sleep, but DAMN I have been thinking about you all -
I really enjoyed being there al the days! and you guys rock, seriously - everyone in there was just cool and contributed to the fun in each their way. cheers halleluja.

I spoke with UK today at msn - we agreed that we both miss being there - how neardy it might sound clown

Hope to see you again some day! and keep in touch here and there albino

Peace out! and stay in touch!

Caroline Brüel

Back to top Go down

Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference! Empty Re: Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference!

Post  Scherwin Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:27 am

Point of information to chair!

Don't the delegate from France has to adress the house in a proper way:D

If now I won't either. I want to thanks for a great time even I once again at EGMUN lost my voice the last day.
I'm a little dissapointed, that I didn't got to speak more with you all, but it takes a lot of energy being sick which I now have been for over a week now No

I really hope you all had a good time and would like to come again next year, I know I will try to get free from what I now will be working with on that time to participate.

Hope you all will try to stay in touch.
The delegate of Indonesia / Claes Scherwin

Scherwin

Back to top Go down

Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference! Empty Re: Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference!

Post  Sunny Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:56 am

Honoured presidents, distinguished delegates,

The Delegation of the United Kingdom wants to express its utmost joy of being at the EGMUN conference and in the Security Council in particular.

I really thought that EGMUN was one of my best experiences ever, because it had so many dimensions - debating and discussing in a highly challenging and etertaining way, as well as staying within the UN rules of conduct; meeting new, intelligent and funny people; partying like crazy and therefore I believe that the final link is exactly to stay in touch, because that way the fruit from the conference will keep fresh (I won't even try to make a poetic description a'la France's AMAZING opening speech).

On the debating itself, I must say it was incredible. It was interesting and deep, with funny moments and all - and I really feel that we were productive as hell!!! Another aspect I realized was how much I (personally) evolved MUN-related. In the beginning I was ok, I guess, but with experience and some great advice from Madam President as well as implementing new tactics from other delegates (thank you, Stefan/US) I really feel that I can take on anyone in a debate now (ok - maybe except for Sunniva Razz ) - I have really improved a lot.

And now to a small personal thanks to every member of the Council (I am bored in school, so that's my excuse for writing all of this):

Armenia/Cyprus/Belgium/United Kingdom: Thanks for some great cooperation, Daniel - you were a great delegate and I believe we worked well together - especially on the Armenia case, where we sided against that treacherous American Very Happy

Azerbaijan: Very good job on giving us a new side in the debate and thanks for letting me excercise some of my "punchlines" regarding Azerbaijan that I had accumulated during research (the 98.8% election in particular Razz )

Belgium: Good job with the clauses and amendments submitted and kudos for staying active with a pretty uninvolved country. I tried it myself btw Razz

China: Dude, you really have potential, but I dunno if you were tired/hangover or what, but BE THERE MENTALLY next time - you have the skills - the closing speech showed that - just not the energy Razz And don't let Turkey maniupluate your veto next time Razz

Congo & Ghana: The African Union. I really enjoyed the way you guys worked together and promoted mutual influence to each other. Special thanks to Congo for some excellent Points of Information and to Ghana for his amazing national song.

France: O la la! What to say? The hands-down best opening speech of them all and the definate most stylish and best in-character delegate of them all!!! Some great debating skills as well and some HIGHLY entertaining action against Turkey! That was hilarious. Merci, France!

Indonesia: The hands-down most annoying delegate of the Council. In his annoyance he was pretty funny however, so your presence was justified. And thanks for voting on thos rare occasions Razz

Italy: Great job - we stuck together for the EU spirit - at least in lobbying time - the whole EU idea kind of failed when Turkey all of a sudden said that they really didn't care about EU - that was out of character in my opinion, but whatever...you still had some awesome clauses ready!

Panama: Well, Emil - I believe the two of us had much more fun outside session than in, but the Tivoli trip just wouldn't have been the same without you Razz Nice rap btw - and good point of order on the US Razz

Peru: Biggest surprise for me in the S.C. I thought he would just be a joker, and yes - he was hilarious with some funny aspects, but he was also very active and constructive - especially with his uninvolved country in mind. The Nagorno amendment was amazing and you definately presented it way better than I would have done. Great job!!!

Qatar: Good job, man! You had some good clauses/amendments and again thumbsup for being active without a very fitting country for the topics. Too bad you sided with Azerbaijan Razz

South Africa: Very good effort, Frederik! You had some interesting clauses and even though the UK was against them, you still deserve the credit for the very good attempts Wink

Russia: I believe you were well-prepared and your resolution on Nagorno was GREAT and it was definately a very productive and constructive lobbying time with you. I just think you were a bit too cooperative for a Russian delegate - they usually are much more stubborn Wink

Slovakia: Funniest joke of the conference - I mean - the Slovak Bear!!! I thought it would die pretty quick, but you held it fresh and fun throughout the event. Awesome job in-session too with great clauses, amendments, arguments, facts-at-hand and a very good Cyprus resolution. You were highly supportive of which I was very glad - and you nailed the Slovakian way in my opinion Very Happy Great time at the parties too Wink

Turkey: Great job, dude! You really stood your ground well against the might of the Security Council - especially France Very Happy I know we were on opposing sides for most parts, but I guess I was still a good mediator at times and I defiantely think you were a great deleage!!

USA: Stefan, you were amazing! Brilliant arguments, top-notch rethorics (of which I have already drawn some inspiration Very Happy ) and amazing cooperation. I also want to thank you for being slightly undemocratic on the Nagorno-subject, as it gave me the opportunity of showing that I was NOT your lap-dog! I used my veto against your clause in favour of Armenia and democracy! How noble Razz I must say that you did a ridiculously amazing job at the US/Russia subject and that resolution is nothing else but hilarious!!!! And thumbs up for the singing too, although slightly appalling Razz

Mr. President: Absolutely amazing chairing! Perfect balance of patience, discipline, fun and constructivity!!! I admire your patience on clarifying things over and over again (I got annoyed with the repetition of procedure mistakes - I still wonder how you didnt) and great job at keeping thins in-rules-of-conduct! Also - slightly scared of partying with you now, but we still had loads of fun! Razz

Madam President: From start to finish, I was simply blown away! I don't know what exactly did it, but the mixture of your powerful, calm and at times fast voice, the ever-changing and highly active face and facial expressions, the down-right intimidating freezing eyes of death and a sharp mind really made me scared of you and made me admire some features of yours. At the same time your eyes were incredibly challenging in their expression, causing various "fights" between the UK and ma'am president - namely the "Semi-colon wars" amongst others. I can not say you were the best chair ever (no offence), because while you did a good job, you really excelled at making me better somehow (including your comment on my "rethorical questions", which I abandoned). I guess I will thank you for that, although you still were intimidating till the end...*shivers*
Razz

THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME, EVERYONE! Stay in touch, or I will have the French Snail hunt you down jocolor

I yield the floor back to the presidents

EDIT: PS - eeew - the tounge smileys on this forum SUCK!!!!!!
Sunny
Sunny

Back to top Go down

Thank you all for a good Council and a good Conference! Empty The floor has been yielded to the president!

Post  Kuno Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:19 am

"The floor has been yielded to the President."

Im glad you enjoyed the conference UK, and if the executive staff ever need a evaluation of the council, i think ill just pass them a link to this topic. heh, nicely done sunny, describing all the delegates. had fun reading! Very Happy

"Now, are there any nation wishing to take the floor speaking either in favor or against the conference?"
Kuno
Kuno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunny Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 am

*Raises placard*

The United Kingdom wants to point out a single flaw at this year's Security Council, which has been discussed before, but since this is an official "evaluation" or something, I will say it again:

Forget about making the Council with real-life Council members and put in countries that have a say in the matter. We had some awesome delegates with some uninvolved countries. We could have taken Peru, Panama, Belgium, Italy, Ghana, Congo and Qatar out and instead have had Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Poland and the Czech Republic instead. I do see that it is much less multi-national, but it would have enable some great delegates to say even more than they did!

Just an idea - I can see why we had the countries present, but the discussions would have had more aspects and dimensions otherwise.

The UK yields the floor back to the President.
Sunny
Sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunniva Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:15 pm

Haha, you're hilarious Sunny. I'm not a scary person, really! Smile nicely rounded up on the delegates though, and thanks for your compliments to the chairs, it's a boost, this was our first chairing experience too.

Great to have been with you all, thanks for behaving so well. Wink

Sunniva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunny Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Did I compliment you? What went wrong with my formulating???

jk

Well I found you slightly scary to start with - very good at showing your power and the eyes - oh the eyes!!!! The eyes did it all!
Sunny
Sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  FLCB Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 pm

I congratulate Kuno and Sunniva for the excellent work they did in the Council and thank all of the delegates for their hardwork.
FLCB
FLCB

Back to top Go down

Post  Scherwin Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:51 am

Sunny wrote:
Forget about making the Council with real-life Council members and put in countries that have a say in the matter. We had some awesome delegates with some uninvolved countries. We could have taken Peru, Panama, Belgium, Italy, Ghana, Congo and Qatar out and instead have had Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Poland and the Czech Republic instead. I do see that it is much less multi-national, but it would have enable some great delegates to say even more than they did!

The delegate of Indonesia doesn't have to address to house, because he is just taking his executive staff hat on Cool
I totally agree with you UK and I had already prepared to speak about how uninvolved countries are in SC especially when all topics are about Turkey or some few hundred kilometres north of Turkey.

It also looks like a very good evaluation you made of how everyone did it in the Council and will also like to defend my voting and secure position as most annoying delegate(someone has to be the most), voting was in favour of Muslims as much as it was possible and therefore I went against a lot of clauses. About the annoying I could see how many Muslim allies I had and then there were 2 ways to go, I took the annoying in lack of energy to fight with the western(bad excuse I know)

I yiell the floor back to the quickest person

Scherwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lund Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:59 am

Thank you for an awesome commitee with lot of cool people.

sorry i couldn't be there more had some things coming up and managed to get ill at sunday..

otherwise cool conference Razz

Oh, and thanks for the kinds word Sunny/UK.. though it may seem like Belgium is uninvolved country we do have a great care....Mainly about waffles and chocolate though, but those are very important and interesting subjects as well!

Lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunny Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:04 pm

Cool enough, Indonesia. I guess it makes sense on the pro-muslim thing, but you still were annoying Razz

Mainly about waffles and chocolate though, but those are very important and interesting subjects as well!

I second that! Razz
Sunny
Sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  FLCB Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:50 am

We had Bassets wine gums in the environmental committee, although its a distant second to waffles Smile
FLCB
FLCB

Back to top Go down

Post  Lund Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:28 pm

FLCB wrote:We had Bassets wine gums in the environmental committee, although its a distant second to waffles Smile

Haha true, wish i could have spread the ,essage of waffles awesomeness a bit more...well must do that next year then Razz

Btw what the hell is up with all those weird smileys? affraid sunny ... so useless

Lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum