EGMUN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disarmament 2008! :)

3 posters

Go down

Disarmament 2008! :) Empty Disarmament 2008! :)

Post  DC-Chair, Charlotte Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:33 am

Heyy Smile

I was your chair this year! I'm really sorry this has taken me so long to post but I typed it all up yesterday, and my internet died so I lost it ALL! I was pretty annoyed and had lots of work to do, soo... here it is today Smile

As promised, here is the speech your deputy chair and I gave to the GA, we hope you found it alright! Smile

This is your chair just to clarify..!

-----------------------------

Dear delegates of the GA, of the disarmament committee,

Elisabeth and I, Charlotte had the honorable task of chairing the disarmament committee this year – a committee full of singing, hardcore debating, well-researched points and many quality resolutions.

We were very impressed with all the delegates that spoke, which quite uniquely were all delegates in our committee. With a quiet start, where the chairs had to forcibly call on nations to speak, in the last debate, we had delegates fighting over who was allowed to speak.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that um, our committee was the best, the most entertaining, funniest and as a whole the most annoying. Who can forget the never-ending fight between Israel and France? The memorable ripping of the resolution by Iran? Darfur’s Snoop Dogg rap, let alone Spain’s concert of Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys…

We don’t want to bore you with a long speech so instead, we’re going to say something about each delegate in the committee and then later, award some of our own awards, to for instance, the funniest delegate, most annoying delegate, best catfight ever, best singer, most hardcore, most entertaining and of course, the best delegate of the Disarmament Committee at EGMUN 2008.

We’ll go in alphabetical order and start with…

Afghanistan: When we made you speak, you were really good! It’s a shame you didn’t say more.

Burkina Faso: Just for you Burkina Faso, at the end of our speech, we have arranged the final chapter of High School Musical 4 as you put it ☺.

Canada: Your unlikely alliance with China positively surprised the whole committee, we were also very proud to see you speak so well in the General Assembly!!

China: As your fellow delegates said on their voting sheets, you took your work seriously, you knew what you were saying and stuck to your policy at all times. Well done!!

Colombia: We’re very glad you love all of us, as you said in your song! Thank you for your resolution – even though you yourself ended up not voting in favor of it!

Costa Rica: We're sorry we forced you to speak so early, but we were sure you had something good to say, and we were right!

CPTI: Your chairs were very surprised to hear you were a first-timer..! You did an excellent job, always eager to take the floor and always making other delegates think with your points of information.

Croatia: You spoke very well and made many, many excellent points both in committee and in the GA. It was great to see a first-timer do so well!

Darfur: Your “oh-so-pretty” chairs as you would put it, want to once again applaud your singing of Snoop Dogg, and of course, wearing a “Julebryg” tie to debates. You made many excellent points and stayed focused on the debate at all times!

DPRK: North Korea, what happened to you? You were excellent on Thursday and then, after Egypt declared war on you, you stopped saying anything! It was a shame ☹

Egypt: You had made a lot of good points and really surprised us when you voted against Colombia's resolution after having co-submitted and supported it!

France: Dear France, although you had quite a rocky start at the beginning, heaving much controversy in the committee, you really became a very important addition to our committee. The chairs would like to applaud your efforts and definitely your huge improvement over the past couple of days. You researched your topic very well, debated coherently and determinedly passed a strong resolution. Thank you for all your efforts and contributions.

Germany: Thank you for waking up at the end of the conference and making good points and speeches!

Holy See: We're sorry you felt sick the first days but we were glad to hear you tell us why you had abstained from the resolution yesterday Smile

India: Why no accent in our committee?

Indonesia: We hope you enjoyed our committee, even though you were looking quite bored..

Iran: You were without a doubt the funniest in our committee – thank you for all your apologies and um, in case you don’t have a resolution…throw paper at him

Iraq: You represented your country very well and always made excellent arguments. Thank you for an excellent resolution and never giving up.

Israel: Your eternal catfight with France provided continuous entertainment for the whole committee. As another delegate put it, your “hardcore” and “sarcastic” debating made you a delegate we couldn’t miss. Thank you.

Libya: Why didn't you take the floor?! When we forced you to speak, you had a whole speech prepared!

Morocco: Less notepassing, more speaking next time!! "Is the delegate aware that Morocco agrees with him?"

The Netherlands: We were glad to see you were enjoying yourself so much! Unfortunately it wasn’t on the resolution, but in games of Tic-Tac-Toe… Nevertheless, you did raise many interesting points when you did speak.

Pakistan: An amazing, amazing performance of one of your national childhood songs, so amazing that we want you to sing it again for us, right now!

Panama: We enjoyed seeing your eyelids, your beautiful face and – as a fellow delegate put it; “you are just so sweet.”

Russian Federation: We’re very glad you trusted your ambassador so much and didn’t make any mistakes because of it! We very much enjoyed your presence ☺

Saudi Arabia: We genuinely apologize for forgetting you in our speech..!! We're quite sure "de forståede helt sikkert hvad du sigede." (my danish isn't that great..) Next time, stop playing Tic-Tac-Toe with the Netherlands!

South Africa: It was great to see that you took a chance and wanted to debate your resolution first! Your points were all valid and your fluency was great!

Spain: Quite possibly the most entertaining delegate in the committee – never have we seen such great singing and dancing of Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys! Nevertheless, you worked hard and debated well as well.

Sudan: We really missed you when we debated the resolution about Darfur! Nevertheless, when you were here, your alliance with Iraq contributed to discussions well.

The Voice of Tibet: Thank you for getting us food quickly! ☺ Although there wasn’t much for Tibet to say, you made good points when necessary!

United Kingdom: We had the honor of having the Secretary General and the Deputy Secretary General represent the United Kingdom in our committee. We would like to thank you for all your contributions!

USA: You knew your policy well and definitely proved it during lobbying time but we definitely wanted to hear you speak more!

Vietnam: Probably the most arrogant delegate, nominating himself for "hottest," "best," "funniest" and everything else he could vote himself for.

Zimbabwe: Good points, very lucky you were last on the role call, or you would've had to sing a LOT more!!

This year, my deputy chair and I decided to let the committee vote for awards in our committee, just to get a sense of what they thought… As we said before, we have more than just the “Best Delegate Award,” and hope you’ll agree with the following:

His speech about how he felt about a specific resolution was one of the funniest we’ve ever seen. We would like to thank the delegate of Iran to pick up his award for the funniest delegate, as well as thank him for cleaning up after the mess he made during his speech, even finding the trash.
FUNNIEST DELEGATE: (Iran)

Our vote for the most annoying delegate was unanimously agreed by all delegates, including himself. His eye for detail, correcting the chairs (or at least trying xP), always having something to say definitely made him a delegate we could not have done without. Do I really need to say who it is? Thank you(?) delegate of France for keeping us on our toes the entire time.
MOST ANNOYING DELEGATE: (France)

Our most entertaining delegate was one who seemed to enjoy coming late just so that he could sing for us. Yesterday, he gave us a memorable concert which I’m sure no delegates will forget. We actually have two awards for this delegate – the “Best Singer” as well as “Most Entertaining,” congratulations delegate of Spain on your well-deserved awards.
MOST ENTERTAINING: (Spain)
BEST SINGER: (Spain)

Many of our delegates suggested we give these two great delegates the award for “the best catfight,” or, “the most entertaining catfight.” You really gave the chair a hard time trying to calm you down! It’s quite obvious which two delegates I’m talking about and so, would the delegates of Israel and France please collect their awards.
Oh – and before you go, if you could give each other a hug, or at least shake hands and make peace ☺
BEST CATFIGHT: (Israel vs. France)

As her fellow delegates put it, we would not like to get in an argument with her because of the way she discusses her points. This girl was TOUGH yet hilarious! We really appreciated her input in debates and want to thank her for challenging France so many times and making the debates so entertaining to oversee. Thank you, Israel for being the most hardcore delegate.
MOST HARDCORE: (Israel)

The vote for best delegate of our committee was very, VERY close, down to one vote, as most things were in the disarmament committee this year… There were three representatives who had the same number of votes until the very last vote. This delegate stood out with how professional he acted, how well he presented his arguments and how he always knew what he was talking about. This delegate was always on time, always prepared and as another delegate put it “stuck to his country’s policy at all times, never letting his own opinion get in the way.”
BEST DELEGATE: (China)

We had a great time in our committee and encourage you to all join the EGMUN forum where we will post everything we just said (as I'm doing right now Razz)

Thank you very much for a great committee, we hope to see you all next year!!

--------------------------

So just to end it off, I really hope you all enjoyed the Disarmament Committee as much as I did - you were a lot of fun to chair and generally hang out with!

I really hope you agree with the above awards and agreed with our decisions in general, throughout the debates, etc.-

My e-mail address is: charlotteaimee@gmail.com
My Facebook is: http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500352179&ref=profile#/s.php?ref=search&init=q&q=charlotte%20aim%C3%A9e%20daman%20willems&sid=63102983649cf0d0d1a44825d0711e2f

(or if the link doesn't work, my full name is Charlotte Aimée Daman Willems who don't have it..!)

Let me know if there's anything I can do, and of course.. don't forget to post the YouTube videos! Smile

Hope to see you all next year,
-Charlotte

DC-Chair, Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Disarmament 2008! :) Empty Re: Disarmament 2008! :)

Post  FranceDC Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks for linking the speech, I didnt really manage to hear everything during the closing ceremonies.
Was a great conference, and I agree with Charlotte (lol weird to not call u just chair), we were the best committee.
Hope to come next year, Im probably gonna b at university tho, so dunno how thats gonna work out. Hope to get some country to suit my violent and agressive nature (e.g. Iran).
Anyways, my facebook is http://www.new.facebook.com/s.php?ref=search&init=q&q=philip%20alken&sid=02e1ac5844592ef0e816af4c1019400d
so If any of you want to flame or troll me, ur welcome to do so Razz

FranceDC

Back to top Go down

Disarmament 2008! :) Empty !!!!

Post  Canad DC - Sauuuul Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:59 am

Aww, thx Charlotte and Elishabeth !!!

I really liked you chairing and I miss you all!! cheers cheers
The EGMUN was really nice and I am looking forward to attend it again next year, hopefully with the same people! SPecially our beloved chairs and fellow delegates

( it would be funny if we all were in the same committee king )

Oh, yeah!

My name is Saul Erkheikki, and just add me on facebook or msn :
the-dark_heart@hotmail.com

I love you Meee

Where are all the photos??

Canad DC - Sauuuul

Back to top Go down

Disarmament 2008! :) Empty Re: Disarmament 2008! :)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down