EGMUN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Political Committee

2 posters

Go down

The Political Committee Empty The Political Committee

Post  Lauge Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 am

Well, well, well.. What a EGMUN! Very Happy Very Happy

In the PC we had some great discussions even though we only discussed two topics! Exclamation
In our first topic, implementing anti-terror laws, we had to resolutions (which by the way didn't passed) but especially the second resolution was quite funny! After some discussions, we realized that China have had his personal opinion in the resolution and therefore most of the PC voted against it.
Personally I'd got the honor of writing a resolution about the conflict in Palestine and Israel (which was clearly voted down at the GA Sad ) Actually I missed the delegate of Turkey at GA, his points of views were all great and actually pretty funny!
Actually we discussed two topics, but I dunno if our fun-resolution counts as a topic?
Our fun-resolution was about the ownership of the North Pole, which I chaired with my co-chair, the delegate of the Netherlands. I don't really know how our fun-resolution sounded like, but I hope that our chair, Briggs, will make it available!

As our chair said in the closing-ceremonies, the Political Committee is a first-timer committee. Even though I wasn't a first timer, I felt like I was. And after the first day, I realized I was one of the more experienced delegates, and I started to get some doubts about the committee because of the lack of experience! BUT! You guys surprised me a lot! Never have I ever experienced such a eagerness, such debating skills (especially from Japan, Russian Federation and Azerbadjan, you guys were awsome!!! Like a Star @ heaven ) and such a great sence of humor! From the delegate of China who always had something to say to our great-singing chair Cool ! You were all great! Thanks to all of you for the best EGMUN ever!
And I hope to see you all guys next year!

The honorable delegate of France yield the floor back to the chair.
cheers

Lauge

Back to top Go down

The Political Committee Empty Re: The Political Committee

Post  Ackrey Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:11 pm

Haha.. oh well, that was great loads of fun... so I must agree...
I have just been to PAMUN in Paris - and was not even close to becoming cooler then EGMUN!
miss you guys alot already!!
(( Even france and china ))

Ackrey

Back to top Go down